Why should I donate?
Actors’ Mission is the only theatre of its kind in Wyoming.
- Actors’ Mission has a 14-year history in the community. It has been in existence since 2002, and incorporated as a not-for profit organization in 2008. Besides providing a full season of performances to an estimated 10,000 attendees over these years, the theatre has presented an opportunity for over 300 people to perform as actors, directors, set designers and construction, lighting designers, costume designers and more. The company provides workshops by nationally acclaimed artists in their field of expertise.
- All of its’ members work for free and do all of the work. Members built their own theatre in rented space on the first floor of the Elks building. They built the stage, installed extensive lighting and sound equipment, and constructed tiered seating. For each production, they do all of the stage and set construction, costumes and preparation of food for a dinner for the theatergoers before each performance.
- Current Board Members are: President KC Hills; Vice President Nina Kessner; Treasurer, Brad Russell; Secretary Ann Maria Mattila; and Website Manager Jerry Val Evans.
- From their very first production in 2002, the Actors’ Mission has stayed true to its mission: Feed the Body – Nourish the Mind. There is no admission fee to attend a performance, and they provide food for the theatergoers before every performance. The cost of each production is approximately $4,000 to $5,000. Operating income is derived from individual donations, a grant from Sweetwater BOCES and other smaller grants when available.
- Actors’ Mission seeks to provide an intimate setting for the production of its plays. It does not require a large venue; but it has continued to grow through the years. The need for its own permanent space in which to perform and to house all of the equipment, set needs, and costumes has become important for its continued success. When one of their fellow members along with other owners donated a building, it was a great opportunity to fulfill this need! The building is located at 440 South Main Street, across from the Train Depot in downtown Rock Springs.
- Whether we’re just going to the movies in town, or live theatre out of town, we spend $500 to $1,000 for admission tickets and dinner for two each year. The Actors’ Mission asks for your contribution to assist them in the building of the new theatre.
If you would like to make a donation online, click the PayPal button in the sidebar. A PayPal account is not necessary to donate. Donations can also be made during performances, and at other public events. If you don’t think you can afford to make a monetary donation, we are always looking for volunteers to help with the hands-on work we have to do to finish our new home’s repairs and renovations. And as always, come audition, or join us behind the scenes; put the “community” in community theatre!
Like us on Facebook to keep up with our latest news and announcements, and to find us in the community.
We thank you for your patronage and support.